Kenneth J. Sheppard
Mr. Sheppard began his legal career in 1984 at the firm of LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae (now Dewey & LeBoeuf) where he practiced as an associate and later as a partner in the firm's corporate and business law group. In 1996 he accepted a position at Melaleuca, Inc., an international direct seller of consumer products, as the company's Vice President and General Counsel.
After eleven years at Melaleuca, Mr. Sheppard returned to private practice and joined the firm of Durham Jones & Pinegar as a partner and practiced in the firm's real estate, banking and corporate groups. In 2009 Mr. Sheppard became a partner with Steven R. Bangerter in the firm of Bangerter Sheppard, PC.
Mr. Sheppard has been recognized among the list of "Utah's Legal Elite" in the Real Estate specialty by Utah Business magazine.
- Member, United States Direct Selling Association Governmental Relations Committee, Ethics and Self-Regulatory Committee, and Lawyers Council (1996-present).
- Chairman, DSA Ethics and Self-Regulatory Committee (1999-2001 and 2006-2007)
- Representative for Melaleuca, Inc. at the United States Chamber of Commerce, Washington, D.C. (2000-2007)
- Member, Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), Washington, D.C. (2000-2007)
- Member, Technical and Safety Committee, Australian Tea Tree Industry Association, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (2004-2007)
- Commissioner, Idaho State Board of Education Commission for Assessment and Accountability (2000-2003)
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, Brigham Young Universitiy-Idaho, Rexburg, Idaho (2002-2003)
- Member, Board of Directors, Aspen Home Health Care, Idaho Falls, Idaho (1997-2003) and The Aspen Foundation, Idaho Falls, Idaho (2006-2007)
- Member, Board of Directors, Davis County Housing Authority, Farmington, Utah (1992-1994)
- Legal Intern, Judge Aldon J. Anderson, United States District Court for the District of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah (1983)